Tuesday, May 22, 2007

What Are Men?


Well I just finished reading some of my friends blogs and I now feel very depressed. I just realized that I don't know enough about the people that are closest to me. Does that mean they aren't really my friends? I guess they could probably say the same thing about me. This has to change, and now. I will keep you posted on my progress or failure.

Anyway, on a lighter note. Here is my first topical blog. WARNING: Much Sarcasm Involved. I call this:



What Are Men?



Why are men, men? Why are men from mars?

What makes us tick? What makes men so
masculine? Why are we all so rough and
rugged and irresistible to women?
These are some of the many questions about men.
And here at (insert clever title I have yet to come up with here), I aim to answer them.
First of all, men have XY hormones. I don't know what
that means, but it's important in the field of science.
But this is beside the fact that men are men are men.
We like meat. We like beer and wine and trucks. Us
men like fights (not me, however. Karate teaches me
to seek peace through force and to yield like the
willow tree but with deep roots that cannot be
severed). WE like paintball and laser tag and
Creedence and Medieval reenactments and German Culture.
But most importantly, men like women.
We certainly like their bodies and their outfits, but
we also like their soft lips and skin and taste in furniture.
Women make us who we are, not only with their wombs,but with their femininity.
Fact: Men are better at taking charge.
Fact: Men are better at maps and directions and driving.
Fact: Men are better at jousting and dueling.
Fact: Men are better at facts.
Question: What are women better at?
(Note: Please don't be offended, feminists. I respect you AND am probably attracted to some of you.)
Daniel Merker. Man.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, too pity that there is an ocean between our countries or you'd have to come to a barbecue at our home for discussing that :-)
We share a house with three girls and three guys and I assure you I could easily prove wrong all your 'facts' (we tested that for years in joined living).

My housemate and me equal out in cooking, but he is much better in gardening. I am the one fixing the heating whenever there is a problem, but he is the expert in repairing the electricity. Another housemate is not able to read a map and one of our girls cannot bake a single cake without burning it. And about taking charge... guess whose part it is when someone needs to call the landlords with a decision!

The only thing I think a man simply never could do as good as a woman is taking care for a newborn / very small baby. I guess this might be in the XX cromosomes?

Enjoyed your blog start - go on :-)