Friday, June 1, 2007

The Modern Toilet












Well I feel like I need to lay any doubt to rest about the infamous 'Modern Toilet' resteraunt that my dad and brother went to in Taiwan last week. I was trying to tell some of my friends(you know who you are) about it and some of them didn't believe me. Well here is the concrete evidence. Photographic proof that that there are some really wierd and disgusting things in this world. At The Modern Toilet the patrons sit on a toilet at a table that is a bathroom sink with a pane of glass over it. If you can't read chinese you order from a menu you have no idea what it says. They procede to bring you what you ordered and no idea what it is in a miniature toilet with a few side dishes some of which are in a container that when the lid is on looks like a turd, I'm not exagerating. The first and second pics are my dad standing in front of the Modern Toilet and my brother eating his delicious meal out of the toilet. The 3rd pic is what my dad ordered. He said he had no idea what it was in his toilet. The 4th pic is the ice cream dessert which consisted of one scoop of actual ice cream on top of a toilet full of shaved ice with toppings of beans, some sort of a jello substance, crackers, and lets not forget the chocolate syrup. Sounds delicious doesn't it? My brother said it was the #1 but I call it the #2, if you know what I mean. These stories of mystery food make me very nervous about what types of food I will be eating on my trip to Africa in July.

2 comments:

David said...

Dude, no stinkin' way. I can't believe it! It's for real...

Anonymous said...

Well I'm impressed. Now I know to go in my trapdoor onesies.